View Single Post
Old 10 Aug 2019, 13:51 (Ref:3922188)   #23
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
This could be a really dum question but what is the 'Marathon'?

I assume just a endurance on the Nordschleife.

Asking as I dont know the history of the event really
It was a 4 hour endurance race on the Nordschleife that in the past was held on the Friday of this weekend. Open to FiA cars up to around 1976 running Dunlop Historic or Avon ZZ radial tyres. Importantly the circuit did not include the GP loop so qualifying could take place on that at the same time. I’ve watched one team member qualifying a car on the GP circuit while his team mate was doing a stint in their other car on the ‘green hell’.....

The race fell foul of the demanding driver qualifications now required for racing on the long circuit, and entry numbers dropped. Changes have been made to make qualification easier, but it still requires newbies to do at least a training day beforehand.

As Sam says, to be believed when it happens- but it’s on my ‘to do’ list!