View Single Post
Old 6 Sep 2015, 19:37 (Ref:3571953)   #27
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
WSR Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great day at Silverstone today, weather was pretty much perfect and the track action was excellent too

Was sat in the main grandstand opposite the National pits they were using this weekend - seriously, the sound of 20 FR3.5 cars revving and howling before the lights dropped was absolutely amazing, I just love the sound of these cars!

Egor Orudzhev had a terrible start in the Arden car, sort of Kimi-esque from Monza today, which meant Gustav Malja had to take avoiding action pretty quickly. After that, even though there was no big screen nearby, I managed to follow the action pretty well through a combination of the trackside radio and the WSR live timing on my phone (which was helped by a pretty damn perfect 4G signal!)

Once the safety car came in and all the pitstops were done you could visibly see the gap between Stoneman and Fantin closing over the last few laps and, to use a cliché, if the race had been another 3/4 laps longer Dean might just have got past, but still fourth place and the rookie win was a pretty good result after two DNF's in a row.

Rowland is just driving beautifully at the moment and what ever Vaxiviere seems to throw at him, Olly has an answer for it. He has a pretty healthy 36-point lead now, but there are still six races left and 150 points up for grabs so it's not a done deal by any means, but I do think Vaxiviere has got to rely on some bad luck for Rowland whilst also continuing to deliver the goods himself to stand a chance.