View Single Post
Old 19 Jun 2016, 19:18 (Ref:3653577)   #40
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Colin has done a brilliant job to help get the car to a regular points challenge. How much further would he have been up if they hadn't had that problem at Thruxton? OMG if he wins a third title, if would be a bigger turnaround for a new car than Harvey's 92 title.

That said, I see Tordoff is now the favourite for the title this year, especially as it seems the BMW is now the car to have and Honda being nowhere. It was a big turnaround from a bad quali to almost win race 3 and still lead the title. And I wouldn't be surprised if Collard is still in with a chance come the end of the year

Seems everyone is united on here about Jason's plonker move on Colin, but I have to say it was a good weekend for him performance wise, although it's the first year since he came back in 04 that we've reached the mid season break and he hasn't won yet. I don't expect to stay that way though, I'm sure he'll have at least one by the end of the year.

Shame Lloyd and Abbott's good qualifying was undone by the first lap, but I guess that's lack of experience at the front. At least Hill had a good race, he certainly deserves a top drive one day

Morgan had a disastrous weekend and now needs a miracle to get back in the title fight now. Maybe it's time he looked towards an established team next year? Jackson also has slipped by the wrong tyre choice in R3. Proves once again you should stay in step with your competitors. Jordan looks like being the top dog at Motorbase this year.

And Ash Sutton, what a performance all weekend. He weren't afraid to get his elbows out either. Would have been interesting to see if he would have caught Tordoff without the SC, but I feel he would have probably caught him by the last but one lap anyway. It makes a nice change someone taking their first in a reverse race by passing someone anyway. The only thing the SC did change for me, was Shedden catching back up, but didn't do enough for him anyway to get in the points

Can't believe we're halfway through the year and already have 10 different winners! Shows the quality of the field. Wouldn't be surprised to see the 2014 record for race winners broken soon