Thread: SuperUtes
View Single Post
Old 23 Oct 2016, 23:19 (Ref:3682340)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Is there really demand for this series by drivers and manufacturers?
The real issue is that with Ford closing manufacturing here, the Ute is no longer being produced. Holden won't be too far behind, being only a year away from the same fate.

There is zero market relevance in 2 products that the consumer cannot buy any more.

Back in the 1990's there was an attempt by Mr Siddle to get a utes series up, 4 cylinder ones, with support from Nissan amongst others. That few people remember its existence could be telling as to how successful that was..

The concept of multiple manufacturers being represented is a good one, not so the importers can get involved necessarily, but perhaps that the dealers can.

Mr Harris for example is already backed by a Sydney Mazda dealer, despite driving another brand and living in another state. Imagine parlaying that into a West End Mazda BT50 versus a Western Toyota Hilux.. paritied to within an inch of their lives.. looking tough with parts & accessories available through the OEM dealer network....

But will the punters watch?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House