Thread: New SUVs
View Single Post
Old 11 Sep 2018, 18:29 (Ref:3849453)   #114
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Apparently two motors, one each end, but with different performance characteristics. Front for efficiency in normal running and rear for extra performance. (According to Autocar) Seems heavy at 2400kg and has a small battery pack for the size, but at least nice looking- in my eyes. Not sure about that quoted range- Autocar quotes 280 miles (450km) on the far more optimistic NEDC cycle! Interesting that they are boasting a cd of 0.30, which is poor compared with a Model X (0.25), and I think worse than the I-Pace as well. Aero efficiency is important when you have limited ‘fuel capacity’, hence the Tesla Model 3 has a cd of 0.23......
Yes, but what's the coefficient of cool (properly called status probably) on the MB? I doubt most buying any of there are looking at anything but keeping up with the cool kids and if tomorrow it was high horsepower noise makers they'd be back over there in a second.

And I'd be interested to know how many don't ever get above 50 mph. The few people I know with an i3 or Tesla 3 were all purchasing it purely as their city car for surface roads only. A few actually looked at electrics and ended up with one of a couple electric "golf cart" style low speed vehicles for their city car, under 10k was a HUGE selling point. The other car in the family was the gas burner for road trips or longer commutes.