Thread: Duty of care
View Single Post
Old 7 Oct 2018, 08:54 (Ref:3855113)   #2
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
Enough is enough with teams leaving drivers out in cars when they are clearly in no fit state to do so. Even though the commentators didn’t say anything, it was obvious that Reynolds had a speed problem and was losing rapidly to Lowndes. This should have prompted questions. Then when he revealed the leg cramps and was unable to make a clear decision / give clear direction as to whether to stay in the car or not, it was again clear that the team should have put in Youlden. Even without the benefit of hindsight, it would have been the safer move.
Forget anything else about the commitments and so on, purely looking at the race management, the minute he said he wasn't sure they should have pulled him immediately from the car.

I am not a sports scientist but from my long distance running experience, you cannot get glucose or electrolytes into muscles in less than about 30 minutes, I am gobsmacked that the team expert let him stay in the car in that condition.