View Single Post
Old 26 Jan 2022, 16:53 (Ref:4095419)   #2608
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Clewett box arrives tomorrow, so have been detailing the engine to get the system wired-up.

The lower rocker covers need mods to get access to the extra plugs, so holes drilled, webs trimmed to allow the plug cap boots to fall flat and seal to the covers, additional support brackets added to keep the plug cap in the right position and a few other things.

When I first built this engine in 2009 (!) I added turbo bottom covers, bought from Andylightweight and one had been drilled for twin plugs, so I had a good template after checking dimensions.
This all took many hours, oh for a nice milling machine!

The Clewett comes with 2 x 3 coil packs that have to be mounted somewhere; some space was found and a custom light bracket made and bolted to the engine using holes already on the cam sprocket cover. I hope this will slightly hide away the modern look on the engine, will find out soon...

This is the last big task on this rebuild, but I'm not looking forward to all the wires and good routing. About 15 meters needed!

As famously quoted, "What can possibly go Wrong?"