View Single Post
Old 22 Mar 2023, 10:55 (Ref:4148775)   #473
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I went on a car-buying trip to assist a friend back in the day when exchange rates meant you could buy abroad and sell in UK at a significant profit, and after the pound/$ rate dropped a bit, his attention turned to Europe. He purchased two cars in Southern Germany - and asked me to drive the 8v Integrale back, whilst he used the Maserati Bi-turbo.

In the cours eof the journey it bacame apparent that it was effectively a "no-turbo", as on any steep hill I almost had to push him up....

It still remained a great drive back, for me at least, and the Integrale pretty well saved my life on one occasion when as I was overtaking a truck on a long dual carriageway curve, the driver abruptly pulled out to overtake another truck, forcing me to take to the grass - which the Integrale handled with aplomb, letting me pass at unabated speed.....

Great car.