Thread: Tony in trouble
View Single Post
Old 10 Aug 2014, 08:10 (Ref:3442960)   #8
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Now matter how any fanboy tries to spin the blame to either party, this is undoubtedly and without question the end of Stewarts career as a racing driver. It matters not whether or not he "tried to scare him", you watched the video, you heard him step on the throttle as he approached Ward and subsequently swiped him under the tire as clear as day, that was 100% an avoidable incident. Simply drive around the man Tony...MAKE AN EFFORT.

Don't get me wrong, Ward was a complete fool for getting out of his car and willingly putting himself in harms way, and sadly he paid the ultimate price for his actions. However, that does not change the fact that a multi-million dollar professional race-team owner and race car driver struck and killed a 20 year old sprint racer, setting a fantastic example for his millions of fans and NASCAR as an organization.

And to think, when I actually watched NASCAR, I idolized Tony and I was a massive fan of his. What a shame.