View Single Post
Old 2 Sep 2021, 14:57 (Ref:4071647)   #5
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
all smells a bit funny, though. They say up for auction but there's no auction sale details. Then apparently 'the sale' started on Aug 31st. Then it states those not sold beforehand will go on ebay. The list suggest they are just flying a kite on prices, many seem about double what similar cars that have been laid up for years go for elsewhere, especially as some have neither V5 nor any history. Not a particularly good presentation by the child who just reads the models off the boot lids and says every other one is 'cool'. Be surprised if anyone actually gets a bargain there.
Agreed! There is always something a little fishy about these things, imho. Just glad there appears to be an effort to save them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Great stuff (would be even better if the video wasn’t portrait ). Amazing. I like how there is nothing that special in there, but all interesting. Always makes you wonder, how does this happen?
I would like to know more of the story. I'll see what I can find the article and associated links are kinda worthless beyond here are some cars in a warehouse.

Quote:
Also always makes me think where can I get a decent amount of dust and what is a good way to get a nice even distribution? I’ve got an idea to add value…
Right! It's a barn find. Sitting for years, according to the dust!