View Single Post
Old 28 Jan 2015, 01:57 (Ref:3498160)   #1
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Japanese Super Taikyu Series 2015

I thought that instead of periodically spamming things to the 'Lower Leagues' thread about this series - the Japanese Super Taikyu I've lately been starting to follow from distance - I could just have a thread of it's own for the season. It's a small series not particularly geared for audiences (which you can probably tell here ) and it slots waaaay behind the headliner domestic series a la Super GT and Super Formula, as well as some other smaller series, but it's still quite interesting if you like long distance + multi class racing.

Today Super Taikyu has six classes of machinery, the fastest being ST-X (essentially GT3) followed by ST-1 all the way to ST-5. The lower you go the less it's sports cars and more stock-room touring cars. Upper classes tend to have only few entries while back of the grid booms. As for speed, ST-1 has around GT4 level of performance or lower, so...

This year's entries should be announced some time in February.

2015 calendar

RD0) Mar 1 / Twin Ring Motegi TESTING
RD1) Mar 28-29 / Twin Ring Motegi 5 Hours
RD2) May 23-24 / Sugo 3 Hours
RD3) Jul 4-5 / Fuji 8 Hours
RD4) Aug 1-2 / Autopolis 3 Hours
RD5) Sep 5-6 / Okayama 3 Hours
RD6) Oct 24-25 / Suzuka *TBA*

The only clash with SGT&SF is between Sugo and Super Formula at Okayama IIRC. Fuji round used to be 7 hours but has been extended

Series PR is not great to put it mildly and is only in japanese. The only sensible video coverage I know of consists of around 15 minute recap reel the series uploads to youtube weeks later. So don't expect anything fancy.
https://www.youtube.com/user/SupertaikyuOfficial

Even if no-one posts here I'll try something (when I make sense of their PR) during the season

Last edited by Deleted; 28 Jan 2015 at 02:04.