View Single Post
Old 29 Mar 2004, 02:47 (Ref:922469)   #35
Milan Fistonic
Racer

Milan Fistonic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sytner first drove a 635 at Silverstone on 12 June 1983. This is what Autosport had to say about the car.

Frank Sytner pronounced himself well pleased with the way his BMW 635CSi ran at Silverstone in last Sunday's Group A race, and is looking forward to the rest of the season.
The race was not without its problems, though, as the car was a real handful to drive. "It was understeering through every corner," he said.
The car has been built with full ETC rounds in mind and has on-board jacks and a full quick refuelling system. Sytner plans to take in most of the remaining rounds of the British championship as well as the TT, where he will share the driving with Brian Muir. Muir, who was on hand with advice at Silverstone, has done most of the testing of the car.
But no amount of testing can throw up problems like a race can. The car is left-hand-drive, and Sytner could not read his pit board properly! "All I could see was the car's A-pillar and part of the board. On more than one occasion I thought I was on my last lap. We shall just have to get a bloody great board for next time..."

In the Autosport season review there is this about the car.

Sytner's car was prepared and run by Ted Grace Racing who, united with Malcolm Gartlan, made a welcome return to the series. Until Sytner's backing arrived - and effectively saved the car from being a permanent non-runner - it had been hoped to run the car for Brian Muir. Muir did get to drive the car - in the TT - but tragically died on his way home from that meeting after a heart attack.