View Single Post
Old 30 Sep 2003, 12:55 (Ref:735284)   #2
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A lot depends on what you plan for your images. My 2.1 mpixel Olympus shoots fine for publication in newspapers and low resolution monthlies. The SHQ format image is 1600 x 1200 and can print to almost 11 x 17 without interpolation. However, I am considering the new Canon Digital rebel body since I already own lenses for a Rebel in 35mm. It offers 6.3 mpixel (I think).

If you are looking for publication in glossy color publications, then I would suggest any of the latest crop of 6.0 mpixel SLRs. Nikon has a model especially made for sports shooters. It gives up some image size for being able to shoot continuously for 28 frames.

I did hear some complaints this weekend about the Canon D30 and its autofocus. One of Motorsport Media Groups shooters was complaining that even with centerweighted focus the camera was focusing on the background instead of the race boats he was shooting. This could be down to operator error because I know the D30 is popular among sports shooters and journalists.

What about the DiMage line from Minolta? I don't know that much about them, but I understand they are nice cameras.
Never forget #99