View Single Post
Old 11 Mar 2011, 16:23 (Ref:2844043)   #75
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Would you be looking to hold drag and circuit events simultaneously in this *ahem fictional circuit. I'm wondering whether perhaps the return road for the Drag strip could be used as part of the road course.

Or whether a basic and extended road course would be viable whereby the Basic would be self contained and run at the same time as the Drag strip, but the extended version perhaps crosses or incorporates the out run of the Drag strip?
Yes and no, we want the drag to be completely independent, in fact, I personally would put a barrier so that the drag crowd wouldn't disturb us road racers, mostly because ..uh...a regional thing , you know, most of the street drag racers are...uhm...a...different kind of persons, you know, hot blooded latinos, and sometimes drag events end up...uhm...with guns drawn and shots fired and small details like that , you know, small stuff.uh? But the truth is we are going to probably share the public and get the average drag idiot interested in watching the road racing spectacle.

Now if you look close, most of my circuits have been 2.5-3k club tracks, this one is 200 acres and the road course is 2.7 miles so there's plenty of space and I haven't even started my preferred horseshoe design yet.(ala Jennings)
But I want(need) you folks to copy my framework, and use the bottom to design a track at least 2.2 miles, the whole thing measures 1200m x 667m(roughly 200acres) just because I seem to can't get rid of my squareness , in this one I just wanted to prove anyone fictional , we can get this done in 200 acres.(if it was ever to be built)

PD I'd like to make it splittable and it will have a bicycle section for criteriums and afternoon workouts(yes you read right) and a motocross track.