View Single Post
Old 5 Jan 2021, 18:34 (Ref:4027037)   #7774
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I'm also wondering if too many "good" ideas have been thought up. Just look at the stuff that Audi Sport did--they brought modern electronic DFI to auto racing, turbo diesels, helped bring in hybrids. Doesn't help either that rules got more restrictive in hopes of cost containment (restrictive in the wrong areas) while promoting OEMs to sink money into go big or go home hybrid tech. That combined with rules that IMO were too restrictive sent teams--both factory and privateer--chasing dead ends, beating dead horses for diminishing returns.

A lot of that stuff makes me appreciate stuff I saw between 2004 and 2013 or so more and more just because it seemed back then possibilities were limitless, and I wanted to see what would happen next.

At least with LMH and LMDH areo rules have been opened up a bit, weight increases place less incentive on pursuing ultra-lightweight tech and opens up powertrain choices.