View Single Post
Old 12 Nov 2019, 18:26 (Ref:3940218)   #10
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Well it is easy to be cynical, but you'd have to be in serious denial if you imagined that motor sport will not be coming under ever tighter scrutiny for its environmental impact . But I do fear some of its supporters come from the demographic that dismisses anything not to their liking as fake news, with the usual bluster , but I feel it is about time it was seen to act .
right on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
...Particular the air freight part...
and made all harder as the number of races is set to increase...i would assume that also means more back to back weekends perhaps then making ground and sea transport less time effective?

agreed this is also one area where im not sure how they will bring the number down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
also from this article:

By 2025, the sport plans to have replaced single-use plastics with recyclable and compostable materials, and to re-use, recycle or compost all waste.
Fans will be incentivised to choose greener ways of travelling to circuits, and there will be additional measures to "prioritise fan wellbeing" at circuits, which include "enhancing biodiversity, improving air quality and offering healthier food options".

no doubt, a big source is also from us the fans.

so i was at the Indy 500 this year (a longer event with more people at it then an F1 weekend mind you). naturally had an amazing time and when i got back home i spent some time googling the event/catching up on news surrounding the event which i may have missed while i was there.

one story in particular really got to me though was the amount of trash, plastic and clean up required after the event. for sure i wasnt really that surprised by this but at the same time i was really shocked by it....maybe for the first time in my life really.

i suppose sensibilities are changing and i now happen to be more aware of my own footprint then in days past. it was an eye opener for me to think about how much of that garbage i might have been responsible for.

anyways, nice to see that FOM has taken the effect of and on fans into consideration. hopefully this leads to a better fan experience by creating a more sustainable environment for us to be in so that we may continue to visit these circuits for many more years to come.