Thread: IMSA Race VIR 2016
View Single Post
Old 26 Aug 2016, 19:25 (Ref:3667736)   #34
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
So last year at COTA was one of the worst experiences of my life.

First off, it is hot as balls in Texas in September (gee, maybe that's why attendance is so low). Second, I started feeling sick on Friday morning. By Sunday morning I was full blown sick and was just hoping beyond hope that I could make it through the day without getting everyone else sick. Half hour into the race I literally felt like I was either going to pass out from heat exhaustion, or just die from some other cause. So I headed to the medical tent. They popped a thermometer in my mouth and it came back with a reading of 105 degrees!!! Sadly had to leave the track at that point and go back to my hotel and get in bed. I was gutted to be leaving the track after having looked forward to it for months.

Went to the doctor when I got back on Monday. She said that the nurse at the track was negligent for not forcing me into an ambulance to take me to the nearest hospital. I'm a dumb guy and didn't know that you can apparently get brain damage from a temperature that high. Turned out I had a severe case of pneumonia.

So... Don't ever want to have to go through that ever again!
And... I think I can safely say that I have already been the hottest I will ever be at a race track!
Lol...

Your temp has to be much higher than that for quite a bit of time to cause problems. Fevers are beneficial within reason. Yeah, they suck, but...they are there for a reason. Pneumonia, on the other hand, can't be fixed without a bit of help.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”