Thread: IMSA Race VIR 2016
View Single Post
Old 27 Aug 2016, 00:23 (Ref:3667760)   #38
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by belt driven View Post
Hi guys. I haven't posted in awhile; but I lurk occasionally (like for 24 hours in June).

I'm making my first trip to VIR tomorrow with my oldest friend/racebud. We've had it on the list for a long time but something always came up (except one of those round tuits.) Looking forward to a race with no Portable Cautions!

Mention of road music reminded me that Road Atlanta has the twin aggravations of Drift and EDM this weekend. Since I live about 3 miles from Road Atlanta and will drive past tomorrow AM, I have already picked out a raucous late punk track to play obnoxiously LOUD/windows down.

Barber got decent turnouts in late July. I went to 'Dega a few times 70's - 80's and being younger, dumber, and thinner (sweat better); I preferred late July as the infield wasn't so packed. In the days of "official" attendance figures, they would sell 30,000 fewer tickets than for late April.

I have never been east of the second I-85 exit in NC. Does anyone have route advice? Bing maps doesn't know I-485 is complete north of Charlotte. Is that a better choice than straight through on I-85?

Is concession food at VIR decent? Is there a paddock area cafe with a TV that could have on the Belgian GP Sunday AM?

For your amusement, the historic Glenn Bunch AAGT HEMI Challenger at VIR 2007. At 1:18, note the 40-170 mph out of Oak Tree shifting at 6000...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj1RB6_497c
Awesome video and have fun.

For the route, I'd go I-85 to US 29 in Greensboro NC towards Danville and then 58 towards VIR.

I've taken that route going to Charlottesville several times. Greensboro to Danville is a pretty drive.