Old 22 Apr 2013, 13:57 (Ref:3237909)   #29
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkG View Post
I really enjoy the Sky coverage.
I don't moan about presenters, coverage, and the weather etc because I don't like Sky.
Maybe those who dislike Sky can start a thread in the Parce Ferme section, titled, "I hate Sky TV and everything about Sky".
I haven't seen much of that sort of posting here either. Sky should be pleased that their service is being discussed so much across the internet amongst F1 fans. It means despite picking up less than a quarter of the overall audience in the UK through their live coverage, at least their brand is a hot topic. Lets face it, Sky don't care how many viewers are tuning in to one particular program as long as people are renewing their subscriptions.

I don't dislike the content Sky produce. Sure its nowhere near as good as the BBC produced during the 2011 season IMHO, but its not as bad as many suggest. My only gripe is its priced out of many F1 fans grasp. It would be nice to see it given a fair shot alongside the much more popular BBC, but the only way to do that would be to offer it as a free channel on freeview like certain other Sky channels are. Personally I would still watch the BBC when live and give Sky a try when they are exclusive. I tend to record and watch later as a rule as my weekends are generally busy. Its not all doom and gloom for Sky