Thread: Team Honda in F1
View Single Post
Old 25 Mar 2019, 14:29 (Ref:3893263)   #41
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexTurtle View Post
My hypothesis: Honda gets a lot of (very undeserved in my view) slack for some reason, both in the media and the fan'osphere. Is it because they're some kind of underdog? Is it because they're Japanese and they are somehow more respected than the French of Renault? If the Renault guy said anything he would get shouted down and nobody would believe a word he said. But now somehow almost everyone swallows everything that comes out of the Honda camp. Helmut Marko is almost never taken seriously but when he says something positive about Honda people suddenly think he's on to something. I'm simply baffled by it all!
i guess it depends on what media you follow F1 through...admittedly im alot of autosport and motorsport.com so basically a Zak Brown media lens through which there was a daily dose of Honda penalties, Honda issues, 'Alonso is too good for this' stories (almost all of which served to also absolve Mclaren imo).

no doubt a lot of my Honda optimism comes from reading this stream of blame which in turn actually made them an underdog i now root for.

funny how the media works

agreed about Marko though!