View Single Post
Old 17 May 2019, 04:53 (Ref:3904276)   #88
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
All the starting lists are incredible.

The various grids pretty much cover the whole of sportscar racing from the 1950s until ~2010. Just awesome.

Interesting to see that the Endurance Racing Legends grid has lots of cars from the 1990s whereas the Masters Endurance Legends at Monza was all from post 2000.
They certainly are some impressive grids, as exampled by the queue for 60s Endurance scrutineering last night- out of the gate! (Each category has own scrut team.) I was on my tod until mid afternoon, but managed to get our car 2nd in line after the family Stephens 356 and in front of Mr Birch’s GT160, get the truck eventually parked for the e/end, plus some tyres fitted for the Chevron. After the rest of the team arrived (some off ‘car shopping’ and some stuck at Heathrow by wildcat Belgian ATC strike ) I made myself a well deserved cuppa.....

The logistics of getting everyone into the circuit/meeting were not helped by Spa running a track day and then track evening that didn’t finish until 8pm. A lot of trucks, including the GpC Avon tyre guys, couldn’t get in behind F1 boxes to start unloading until late last night..... I don’t understand why PA don’t take over the Thursday for themselves and make it a test day. As it was, a lot of this weekend’s entries, including us, were on track earlier in the week.....

One of the improvements happening at the circuit is the old tarmac ‘Safety Academy’ area below the bottom paddock entrance gate is being tarted up, including the installation of lighting and hook-up. Of course, not finished for us, but a generator supplying leccy to all those needing. Hope toilets on the ‘to do’ list as well......

First car on track 0935 for FP, SLR all ready to go.