View Single Post
Old 23 Nov 2008, 09:11 (Ref:2340027)   #41
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezz
My dad was racing at Amaroo as a support when moff ran the RX-7 and remembers watching moff STRUGGLE to keep with brocky lap after lap then by some form of miracle just happen to pull out and blast past on the last lap. Apparently someone then placed a hand on a VERY cold roll cage after the race.
Brock was supposedly found to have the extinguisher nozzle pointed at the intercooler on the sierra.
The ford panels i have heard about. i heard came about after one car broke down in pit lane and a few marshalls helped to push the car out of the way and severly bent the boot lid.
A few others i have heard of are grpA rally cars with exhausts with vavles to keep noise under the limit at scrutineering while out in the forest are well over 100db, moveable air restrictors on turbo cars (Toyota were the only ones caught),wiring changes and switches to change boost from standard to upwards of 30psi.
quite a few others but can't remember them all now, too much booze been swallowed in the last few years.
Not to cast doubt on your story, but did Moffat ever race his RX7 at Amaroo Park?