View Single Post
Old 5 Jan 2009, 12:25 (Ref:2365568)   #35
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAK
Hi TB. Cooling been sorted for some time thanks and it ran brilliantly at Daytona heat wise. No trunnions for us - still got the Chris Schirle uprights/hubs etc. I'd be very interested in finding out what trunnions people are using and how often they check them etc.
They are having to use the Stanpart Herald originals,some are using the GT6 versions with the thicker stub axles but the problem is in the bottom bronze swivvle,not the stub.Two races maximum before crack testing,possibly four before replacing the bottom joint depending on race duration.
Jeremy obviously types faster than I!I think the biggest "Safety Issue" is with the Rear Uprights,they are getting old and brittle and impossible to find these days,hence the reason for the fabricated ones we did at CMS,no speed difference,just nice to know you could do a race with all four still in touch with the car.
Fairly similar situation to non-homologated MGB wheels?

Last edited by terence; 5 Jan 2009 at 12:32.