View Single Post
Old 20 Aug 2018, 16:10 (Ref:3845018)   #17
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Hadfield View Post
But that's the point, you postulate but we don't know. How can you plan by guessing? How does an entire industry, which we are often told is large and important, find itself completely cut off from real, proper facts?
If they are not knowable then we should be told that too, at least we would understand that forward planning simply would not be possible.

And surely the carnet is underpinned by a bond, who undertakes to underwrite that?
I agree that the information has not been made public , but perhaps that is because there are still desperate attempts to stop the whole thing & therefore the rules are not yet fixed .

But you could try asking Customs & Excise what might be the new rules .
I did find them quite helpful in the past , [ but who knows now ] .

I did something like 60 odd events over Europe in the 80s & 90s .
From memory , the carnets did not cost anything at all , except my time in filling in the paperwork , [ 2 copies for every border crossed ].
Also , I used to often get start money on events , [sometimes £1000 or so ] , & checked with the relevant authorities how that stood for tax , & even if it meant that I needed business insurance for my motors .
But was told then that , if I was not making a profit as a business , nothing was needed in terms of paperwork for that .