Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 6 Nov 2023, 04:10 (Ref:4184674)   #4235
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
It does seem that the sprint is going to be part of a few race weekends each year. Personally, I don't like the sprint weekends because of the whole "one practice session then the rest of the weekend in Parc Ferme" approach.

If they changed it to Practice on Friday, followed by the Shootout, then the Sprint on Saturday "morning" that would work and would allow the cars to come out of Parc Ferme conditions after the sprint - thus the sprint really means something as the teams can take info from it and adjust their cars accordingly for the GP.

Then run Qual as it is now with the current Parc Ferme rules on Saturday afternoon and then the GP on Sunday. To me, that follows the ethos of the sport much better, keeps the GP itself more "pure" and gives teams the opportunity to try something different over the actual "long run" of the sprint race.

Going that way would make Friday pretty cool - practice and the shootout and also make Saturday pretty much compulsory viewing and really quite engaging, which it seems is what the focus on the sprint is all about - I mean, a short F1 race PLUS Qualifying would be pretty cool in one day.