View Single Post
Old 24 Nov 2006, 08:13 (Ref:1773751)   #31
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
On the subject of "one-off" events, I know that simon Adams of MSTravel ran a classic Saloons event covering 60's and 70's cars at Snetterton last year.

I would have entered my car but my job was getting in the way.

The point is diz that you may well have something here but it could be coordinated with other organisers and whilst not being a championship you could offer the coverage of a series title by joining forces and putting on a "package" of races. All regionally based but allowing competitors the luxury of choosing when and where they race. The organisation thing is more about making sure dates don't clash.

On the subject of independent organisers as far as I know there's you, The CTCRC (held a self organised meeting in October), Simon Adams' team & Top Hat. Agreed these cater for the older car (where my personal interest lies), but there is nothing to stop the format from applying to the more modern and modified machinery.

Definitely food for thought.