View Single Post
Old 15 Jul 2007, 20:22 (Ref:1963838)   #1
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Castle Combe yellow flags and safety cars

Can someone please tell me what the hell's going on wilst i never like to criticise the work that you Marshalls do today at quarry was down right appaling the main points being..

1, The use of the yellow flag on at least 5 occasions where the person who was using it seem not to have any idea how to use it when a waved yellow on the exit of quarry was displayed the same was being waved on the post next to the traffic light which should have been stationary,even though one observer did come across and tell the person.But once the marshalls moved around the same happend at avon rise surley if there's a newby they must watched and kept an eye as a lot of the time nobody seemed to know what to do.

2 use of safety cars

Why oh why after every car that went off at quarry into the wall was there a need for the safety car to be depolyed when at least three times the cars were not in any position of danger the chap who was seemingly constantly on the phone panicing about cars that had gone off we might as well have had gravel traps,never in the 37 years of spectating at combe have i seen so much flapping done by an obsever usually unless the cars are in a direct line like the vx220 then they are always left and deemed out of the way.

Very Very Frustrated by needless hold ups at some points of the meeting!!!!!!!

I'm sorry to be blunt but a number of us sat at Quarry today just could not understand why a saftey car was needed when it never has been used for the same incidents in the past!!