View Single Post
Old 16 Jul 2007, 08:43 (Ref:1964186)   #12
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
Oh, and drivers still need to learn how to drive on a rolling lap and behind the safety car. I think clerks need to start taking action against those who don't do so, because it is starting to get embarrassing to watch on occasions, frankly.
I agree with the above, having been there on Saturday only. You don't start to race behind the safety car - and if the field had been bunched up properly instead of gaps out of Camp, they would've realised the SC was still out there - and if it was planned for the SC to do two laps, I presume this would have been mentioned in the drivers briefing.

The situation I didn't understand on Saturday was the SC for Bucheta's FPA in the wall at Camp, and later no SC for the FPA up against the pit wall. The marshals were running out lap after lap whenever there was a gap in the traffic to try and move the FPA by the pit wall further to safety but with no SC. Cue later in the session, someone running wide on the exit of camp and smacking into the stationary car.