View Single Post
Old 7 Jan 2011, 09:20 (Ref:2812327)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Unless I am very much mistaken, Roadways Pty Limited was a Tasmanian ashphalt and contracting company associated with the Harrington family. Indeed the Roadways brand appeared on the cars of Mr Grice, especially when Mr Harrington drove either the primary or secondary cars for that team

In 1986, the 'Roadways of Tasmania' brand appeared on the grille of the Bathurst winning Grice VK..

The racing team became known as Roadways Racing Services, presumably borne out of I.C.L. Racing P/L, Here which seems to have evolved from Mr Browne's ReCar Racing equipe.

ReCar was a Grice sponsor for many years, as car owner in the Group C days, to sponsor on the Group A VL Commodore in the late 1980s

Interestingly Roadways Pty Ltd is still in existence, Here and were sponsors of Sam Walter's Fujitsu series, and endurance series racing in the last few years

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods