View Single Post
Old 29 Mar 2017, 08:39 (Ref:3722376)   #165
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
mceci1, life is a funny thing-the old adage if it looks like sh#t, smells like sh#t, tastes like sh#t, it probably is sh#t.

SVG didn't like what I saw, or was told, promised so he told Betty to shove it.
At the end of the day he would have been running at back of the field, and not winning a title.

At the end of the day a race car driver has a small career window to win titles, and top up their cash for when they have to get a real job. I have been watching car racing whether it be Formula1, touring car racing or speedway racing for a long time. I have seen good drivers get talked into going to a team, only to find a dud car, no dollars and lot's of heartache.

Might be time to smell the roses as they say.

After SVG defected, and the world nearly came to and end, I noticed the sun still rises each morning.
Well said Kingair.

The fact is that when SVG resigned with SBR he did not know that there was an impending change of car manufacture, when he and his dad Robert found out the full extent of the change, they felt betrayed and from that point on things when rapidly downhill.

With hindsight could they have handled it better? Yes for sure, but **** happens, and and its time for everybody to move on, to his credit even Ross Stone has made peace with SVG. Maybe Betty never will but thats her cross to bare.

Everybody needs to move on particularly some on the forum and thread. JMO.