Thread: IMSA Race Petit Le Mans
View Single Post
Old 10 Oct 2017, 20:48 (Ref:3773504)   #411
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Briscoe was shown blue flags for both stands prior to the incident. Failing to yield to a prototype before the Esses is dumb enough, the race leader is even dumber and now to argue it?? Come on Briscoe, you were well out of the GTLM fight. Grow up and fight another day, for me HE should have been parked for it. Not penalized, but PARKED, drivers won't learn until they are removed from the event and the team owner reads them the riot act. The BMW was as bad with blocking and screwing up others races after they were laps down from repairs. He has ruined what was an increasingly terrible race, the ending was terrible and the penalties just made it worse. Haven't like the GT, not a good looking car to me, but the way some of the drivers and team have responded to criticism and broken cars has just made me not care if they left the series tomorrow.
Watching protos pass going down the hill into the esses is always a little sketchy looking from our usual vantage point. Especially if they don't have the pass done before they get out of our view. That pass by Derani was one of those instances (of which there were hundreds through the weekend) where I couldn't tell what was going to happen. It worked out for people the first hundred times or so, but that last one didn't. I don't know what happened, but both drivers think they were right (imagine that)