View Single Post
Old 9 Feb 2018, 18:28 (Ref:3800014)   #1213
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Looks OK with a clean screen, but I wonder how it will be affected by oil, insects and dirt during a race?
Overall, I suspect it will be a non-issue, but we will see how it plays out in IndyCar.

I don't know how long IndyCar pit stops last. I assume longer than F1 as there probably is more of a limit to the amount of crew over the wall (I have no idea, someone correct me if wrong). So the few seconds it takes to grab the tab on a tear off and pull it off should not impact IndyCar pitstop time. For F1, I expect it would impact it a bit more, but everyone will be in the same boat.

Richard