View Single Post
Old 26 May 2018, 02:31 (Ref:3824679)   #45
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
If you honestly think the Chase was widely hated from the start, you weren't looking that far past your circle. There's no spin here at all - the Chase is being used as a scapegoat for the numerous smaller things that are what actually bother most people.
Wow, you are absolutely incredibly so far out of touch with reality there it's insane. EVERY major outlet who could trashed the Chase the second it was announced, it lead DIRECTLY to decreased ticket sales the next season, attendance was up but at that point NASCAR was giving away almost 40 percent of the tickets at most tracks. Most everyone I knew in Virginia never once bought a ticket for Bristol or Martinsville, show up and you'd find a way in for free or maybe 10 bucks after 2007. And no, these were not all friends, it was people at a major college and people I knew of through other people including 25 guys who are involved in NASCAR and teams now. The Chase cost NASCAR its major fan base, and dropping Winston well that cost most every diehard watch every race, run a pool and follow it daily in the paper fan I knew in the hills. Those diehard fans I worked with stopped watching Bristol and Martinsville after the Chase, pretty much became a Daytona and we're done fans.

Pretending the Chase is a non influence shows you're way off the pulse. Or so pig headed you can't admit your stance may have been ill informed but I found with 15 min of searching over 200 articles in the archives of major racing publications talking about the Chase being the end of NASCAR written in period. Google is your friend and easy to use

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk