View Single Post
Old 7 Feb 2019, 04:23 (Ref:3882326)   #10
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I think being brutally honest in town tracks are not worth saving.

Think about, it, any government is under immense pressure to build affordable housing, due to their incompetence for decades of mass immigration among other things, so any space in built up areas that is not housing is worth far more than some fields near an industrial estate, it simply is not viable to have venues like this in cities.

For some reason we can accept football stadiums, rugby grounds, crickets grounds as city centre stadia, but not motorsport venues.

That is NEVER going to change
Things go round in circles, cinemas, in Tunbridge Wells, when one chain took over the other 20 plus years ago they closed the one in the town, and kept the one on the industrial estate, the are pro's and cons for both locations, but now in Eastbourne the reverse is happening, the one on the industrial estate with free easy parking is closing as the chain opens a new one in the town, with limited pay for parking.

There does seem to be a slow switch back, to bringing shopping and activities from out of town back into towns.

So I have to live in the hope that people will soon start seeing stadiums as assets to Towns rather than development opportunities.

Town and Cities are more than just houses, there need to be activities, there needs to be things for the residents to do. Okay Stadiums take space, and pits and public parking, but this is short oval motorsport. Its the only type of motorsport that will fit in a town or city.

I popped up to the Winter Lights at Canary Wharf, and was amazed by the amount of people that turned out on cold wet winter nights. There is still a strong desire for people in Towns to go out and watch something real life. Though I known given the state of most venues, toilets, speakers, scoreboards, seating, there would need to be huge improvements to start bringing new crowds in.