Thread: IMSA IMSA : 2019
View Single Post
Old 19 Nov 2018, 20:18 (Ref:3864306)   #662
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
Quite a bit.

If you'll scroll up and take another look, you'll see that my original comment specified that NBC was the only "involved party" that would want that ad broadcast at the time. You attempted to correct me by pointing out that there were two such parties - NBC and IndyCar. However, IndyCar was not involved with the broadcast, as it was a NASCAR broadcast, so while IndyCar would indeed be happy to see the ad, your correction is inaccurate because IndyCar was NOT involved with the broadcast, and as such was not an "involved party" with the broadcast.

My comment was nothing more than noting the error in your attempt to correct me. As you note, it was NBC self-promoting, which is exactly what my comments on the involved party implies.
Au contraire. It was, and will be, NBC broadcasts of the three series races. None of the series "broadcast" anything at all. NBC, rightly, promoted the Indycar coverage, just as in my above hypothetical which aids NBC getting more "Judge" viewers from the soap advert; more eyeballs period for the sponsors of the broadcasts, which in turn rewards NBC by their continuing to sponsor; providing NBC with more revenue, which is why they're in the business of broadcasting and promoting any show.....

'Not real important anywho, is it?

jimclark