View Single Post
Old 7 Oct 2022, 17:50 (Ref:4129038)   #34
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Honestly saying, I will give the "e" STCC a chance. Out of current electric championships, this (on paper) seems like the best one by far.
As much as I dislike the concept of electric motor industry in general and I'm not sure if it's really that eco, the times are changing and this has to be acknowledged. Electric cars seem like a future (unless hydrogen happens to be a better idea) so naturally motorsport will become electric as well.
STCC might be a real look into how touring car racing might really 'function' in not a distant future and I'm quite interested in how it all pans out.
Good concept, that's for sure. Can imagine BTCC following suit relatively quickly if STCC becomes success.
I agree.

Old style motorsport is still what I prefer but times are indeed changing. I don't like Formula E, but the cars of WRX and eTCR aren't bad to watch. The latter needs only more cars and a proper racing format instead of the "rallycross" format.