Thread: Team Honda in F1
View Single Post
Old 20 Mar 2019, 20:13 (Ref:3892274)   #5
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexTurtle View Post
I'm not so sure there is cause for optimism. I remember last year the Red Bulls being in the podium fight with the Renault engines too. Tracks like Bahrain and China are going to be the real test, and I don't think it's going to have a very happy outcome...
Regarding optimism, I guess it depends upon individual expectations. During the last year with McLaren many were writing off Honda completely. Last year as performance and reliability made significant improvements many continued to only talk about the McLaren experience.

In the end, we have to wait and see. I have no expectations that RBR/Honda will be fighting for the title. I think they will fight for race wins and am optimistic that they may see a race win or two (even if I picked a higher number for my predictions). Which is on par with 2018 performance. In short, not going backwards and maybe moving forwards.

I am curious to thoughts about Marko saying it is RBR that needs to improve at this point.

Richard