Thread: Team Honda in F1
View Single Post
Old 20 Mar 2019, 21:02 (Ref:3892292)   #7
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well I wouldn’t count the chickens yet. It was clear the McLaren relationship was doomed to fail and I think Honda has to take some blame for that

Certainly it was a good result, but I wouldn’t predict a title for them either. And wins will be tough against Ferrari and Mercedes, especially as they still have a relatively inexperienced lineup. Last year showed things can get better
For sure Honda carries most of the blame for their performance (good or bad). McLaren had a large hand in it as well. That is much more clear in hindsight at this point. Honda via an underestimation of the challenge and McLaren via hubris, a big mouth and treating Honda like a part supplier vs. a partner.

Regarding wins for Honda? As you say it's dependent upon how well Mercedes and Ferrari perform. We are only one race in. Mercedes looks VERY good at this point. Regarding relatively inexperienced lineup for RBR. True, but also remember that RBR won three races last year. Two by Max who remains with the team. While not a Max fan, he has one more year under his belt and hopefully will both get better and wiser.

Regardless... Time will tell. Anyone counting chickens at this point is nuts.

Richard