View Single Post
Old 27 Dec 2021, 09:45 (Ref:4091419)   #5
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Since a quick Google search on the topic throws up only the Harewood website statement, a Facebook page and this forum, you seem to be setting a very low bar for “PR disaster”.

Breathless hyperbole aside, what do you suggest? Crashed EVs are dangerous, hence the elaborate protocols. MSUK have to issue guidance that reflects the danger. Small volunteer-run clubs, unlike F1 and WEC, are not able to fulfil those requirements. I am sure they would like to welcome EVs, but I fully understand why the MSUK protocols are deemed prohibitive.

It’s took over 100 years to get to the current level of fire safety and a major part of that was improvements in car design to largely prevent hot things and fuel coming into contact. EVs are a very young technology so no doubt equivalent improvements in safety will come. But not, it seems, quite yet.