Thread: BTCC 2010 rumour mill
View Single Post
Old 2 Feb 2010, 10:37 (Ref:2624302)   #633
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sally View Post
A new re-worded story now for all to read...

Seems like Harry has changed his tune?

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=4364
Actually, no he hasn't ''changed'' his tune.

The TcT article originally put up made a lot of vague assumptions and didn't have a direct quote from Harry at all.

It all started on his Twitter page, when someone asked him a question (something along the lines of ''Are you doing BTCC next season?'' You can't see the question though), and the answer given was ''Not 100% sure, talking to teams and looking at options'' (sorry if thats not word for word, don't have a perfect memory )

Then TcT picked up on that and ran a story saying he wasn't going to be with bamboo this year. Just another case of them snooping around and posting rumours as gospel without doing their homework unfortunately. Obviously, someone along the lines has seen sense and asked Harry what the plan for this year was, and now we have the current article.

Poor journalism rather than Harry getting told off by parents/team/an internet forum.