View Single Post
Old 19 Mar 2008, 00:16 (Ref:2156092)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Stewart
“That's how Francois was killed – he was cut in half. If you have ever seen that you want the barrier further back. That is why the GPDA is important and why Lewis should be in it. I have the highest respect for Lewis – I think he is the best thing since sliced bread, but he is inexperienced.

"Lewis is such a valuable asset to the sport. The media talks to him more than anyone else, and one of the reasons I got so much done in terms of safety was because I was 'the guy' at that time, but you have to prioritise your time. Lewis might have to do commercial appearances for Hugo Boss or whoever, but nobody did more of that than I did.
“The moment somebody dies there is a new awakening. These guys don't know how to deal with a death; they have never been up close. They have never been to a body when it is still in the car, never had to identify a body, never had to pack that person's clothes because the wife or the girlfriend can't face it.
I pray they never have to learn that, but the law of averages says that when you are doing 200mph, millimetres apart with mechanical failure or human error, you are going to have an accident. Nowadays that's a plane crash. So far we have been incredibly lucky, [but] we are on the slate to have a big shunt.”
Man, this is deep serious... I stopped supporting drivers when all those guys were being killed because of this. He knows what he's talking about and he's right. All the old guys around here, who watched F1 prior-90's, knows he's right.