View Single Post
Old 6 May 2009, 15:41 (Ref:2456553)   #339
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This week's copy of Autosport hasn't dropped through my letterbox yet, but I have just seen the "flick-through" preview on Autosport.com.

I accept that I'm a bit biased (okay, very biased) but in a week when the A1GP Championship was won by Team Ireland at Brands Hatch, and there wasn't even a Formula One race, it is very frustrating to see a photograph of Jenson Button dominating the front cover while Adam Carroll is down in the bottom corner. To be honest I'm quite disappointed with Autosport here. As far as F1 is concerned, this has been quite a "nothing" week, but on the other hand an international motorsport championship has been won and lost. To me it's a no-brainer about what should be the feature story, so I'm baffled about why 'How Rivals Plan To Beat Button' is the main headline. My previous posts in this thread show that I have been supportive of Autosport in their efforts to improve the design of their magazine, and I am confident that the quality of the A1GP write-up will be very good, but I'm still left irritated that we (the readers) are repeatedly being treated like F1 Racing readers.

Now, to end with something positive. I have been looking forward to sitting down to read the Gilles Villeneuve GP Gold article tomorrow, and the Hall Of Fame feature also looks very good. So to conclude, keep up the excellent work but please, please, please get rid of the F1 obsession - it's not what Autosport should be about!

Paul