Thread: IMSA DPi Discussion
View Single Post
Old 29 Jan 2018, 01:36 (Ref:3796515)   #3237
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
Solid debut by the Acuras, niggling problems and some rash driving cost them, but its obvious they are going to win races this season.

Caddies gonna Caddy, although they had more troubles this year.

ESM must be shaking their heads, the car was very strong at the end of last season and had the pace in Daytona.

Mazda....Still caught fire, engine still sucks, even Joest caught a case of Speedsource-itis with the #55 losing a wheel. Car was fast, but I don’t think it will ever be reliable enough for the big races. Have race-winning potential for the rest of the season though.

Yeah, I think that way too.

About Mazda, I think it's too late now. Joest should have tell Mazda to change the chassis and even the engine for this year. They should had have end in the same way (out of the race) but with more potential for the future. The chassis was faster this year, but it is still unreliable. Maybe the small 4l could run better in an Oreca or Dallara, but they should develop a v6 or a v8.