View Single Post
Old 17 Jun 2018, 09:02 (Ref:3831041)   #35
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quite. We’re all entitled to our own opinion!

As Brands says, the Jag race was interesting with the oil slick apparent at the very start of the race, then added to by the rain..... James started our E Type, being the owner, and coped well until the car cut out round the back of the circuit. He managed to pull over and get pushed through a gap off the circuit, then opened the bonnet and found the problem! By then we had vacated the pit wall and were walking back to the paddock. James drove though the infield and paddocks, and was allowed to rejoin at the pit lane exit gate. I donned helmet and waited for him to come round for our compulsory driver change. By now it was raining quite hard and most of the track was like an ice rink. There were cars off everywhere, so I tiptoed round until the chequered flag. By the end it was drying, so was able to lap a bit quicker. Unfortunately we weren’t classified as finishers due to the 75% rule, which I thought a bit harsh....

Have to say the the E, which is a 4.2 homologation, so much less tweaked than most, is a sweet car to drive in the dry or wet- only the slightly sticky brake servo stopping it from being a fabulous car. Thanks to James for letting me share it again.

The SLR GTSCC qualifying went OK. My 2nd lap out was our fastest, on well old tyres, so sure we will be quicker in the race or fresh rubber! Car still unpainted after Brands incident, but repairs done and mechanically fine.

Now stopped raining and looks like it should be dry for the rest of the day. Fingers crossed.....