Thread: New SRO GT2
View Single Post
Old 31 Jul 2018, 01:31 (Ref:3840249)   #17
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
It shouldn't be called GT2 as a starter, that will just confuse people
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I think you'll just see a more street style "aero" kit with street level of hp in the GT3 cars. Doubt any one will adopt a new car unless someone wants to pay wholly for a new toy for this class. Feels more like pulling the R8 and AMG Merc out of GT4 but not sure how the rules will make them stop making the GT4 models without outright banning them and cost capping the cars relative street price. It seems like answer to a question that should have been asked years ago and somehow they made the answer harder and more expensive. In the name of saving money of course. If they had just been stronger and said NO to the supercars and made Audi go with the TT (BMW it with the RS5) and MB with something else (don't know their lineup enough to know is there a decent big engine C that's not too Clarkson?), and maybe Ferrari make a go fast Portofino? Hell Porsche made something other than the 911 go racing so I think the others can deal
I think the articles are clear, Ratel points to sports vehicles of a range greater than GT3, I do not think the point to R8, AMG GT or Portofino.
For me that's why Ratel chose the name of GT2, higher range cars with more power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
This new class is a great idea, but there's too many classes already.

Also, I don't think that it will be amateur-only, despite the promsies.
I think like you, for me it is also a great idea. Ratel has in his mind to recreate the fight of the last GT1, Ferrari 575/550, Lambo Murcielago, Saleen S7, Aston DB9, Maserati MC12, Ford GT, Corvette, Nissan GTR with the new cars with little aerodynamic development to not increase costs.