Old 4 Jan 2005, 14:10 (Ref:1192859)   #41
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo
I can't really take any band seriously if it doesn't write its own music, play its own music, and have one lead singer. Honestly, how can a group call themselves a 'band' if they don't play any instruments, and have a dance routine on stage?!
Amen!

I totally agree. But the problem is, nobody stops that trend. For example the Eurovision Song Contest. I think it should not even be optional to have playback/singback. It should be obligatory to play everything live on stage. The it would also be musical talent that won the contest, not dance shows.

And i like to see bands varying their choices of instruments. Alrights, three guitars, a bass and a drummer CAN be nice, but i like people who use more than just those three instruments. Take a band like Yellowcard, i dont really like their music, but i respect them for having a violinist. Thats not something you see every day.

I, as a keyboader, ofcourse like songs with a nice piano in it, but those songs are often pop songs. A band like Evanescence are in the better part of the modern music scene too.

Last edited by the_royksopp; 4 Jan 2005 at 14:12.