Thread: Chevron B31
View Single Post
Old 28 Dec 2010, 13:09 (Ref:2808973)   #7
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbrown View Post
For the record, there appear to be two B31s currently referencing the identity of B31-75-05. One is in Fisons livery and has been raced recently by Doug Titford and Trevor Reeves; according to the Chevron Heritage site, this is the ex-Raymond/Blanckley/Götz car. The other is white with a blue stripe and has been raced recently by Mike Roberts; it has been for sale on racecarsdirect.
There are 2 claims to #5 and that statement seems to be correct Alan. [1]B31-5 now owned by John Ruston. If this is the ex Raymond/Blakeney car, supplied new to Martin Raymond confirmed by Paul Owens from the original works chassis book, it should, if it is the original tub bear all the hallmarks of being fitted with a DFV as raced by them in 1976.
[2] The other chassis #5 to which I refer, is currently being used as a template to construct a completely new chassis, and has been fitted with a DFV. at some stage in it's life. Unless of course there could be 3 claims to DBE B31-5.!
I use this as an example, why I submit, that once a car bearing an original chassis number, is re-built with a completely new tub/chassis, the resultant car can never claim to be 'THE CAR' as so often claimed in for sale adverts, also in my humble [no pun intended] opinion makes a complete mockery of race series regulations laying claim to originality in period clauses.