View Single Post
Old 1 May 2016, 09:23 (Ref:3637476)   #48
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I won't pretend to ever understand why people get tribal about their team in endurance racing - or any form of motor sport, for that matter.
For the same reasons people become attached to teams/individuals of any sporting discipline - a sense of belonging or an attachment to a manufacturer from a significant event, be it within or outside motorsport. The only facet that doesn't translate particularly well is the locality of the teams, seeing as the manufacturers are global, corporate behemoths.

While you and I choose not to ascribe these feelings to any team I don't think it's hard to see why others do, especially for those who actively ignore the more popular team (i.e. ball) sports for chasing $£€s at the expense of the culture and fans.

At least it keeps the Audi/Porsche/Toyota threads ticking over nicely!