Thread: 2023 Season
View Single Post
Old 25 Jan 2023, 04:32 (Ref:4141134)   #181
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
Whatever happened to Vietnam
I think 2020 when it was due to first run it succumbed to the Pandemic, and although it had a long contract and backers in place the Mayor of Hanoi who was a major not to mention generous supporter and string puller, who I daresay gave a lot of green lights, got thrown in the slammer for a long stint on account of his involvement in a number of major frauds.

Without him the race had few supporters in high places, and little funding. IIRC the local Govt said it was not going to be even a consideration for many years yet.

I daresay the $60million hosting fees per year said mayor had agreed to is a bit of a stumbling block in his absence.