View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2020, 06:41 (Ref:3964769)   #130
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
don't assume that words in certain combinations don't carry emotion or expression - they do.

The government have been playing a blinder on this IMO by issuing guidance rather than edicts. In case you've never thought about it, we Brits don't respond well to edicts.
However the varied responses from businesses has shown up the difference between the sensible and competent, and the selfish / lazy / greedy / incompetent (delete as appropriate).
The government has done well but they need to issue a ban so that those who have business interruption insurance can actually claim on it. As it stands the only businesses protected are the insurance companies, who won't have to pay out as small business income is decimated.

And the reduction in interest rates - that only helps as long as it's passed on. I haven't had a note from my bank yet giving me the good news, I expect it's delayed in the post.

I've no doubt that certain businesses will have a good pandemic, but the leisure industry won't be one of them.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk